0434 937674 – 2 Fourth St Port Pirie
Loading a truck can be like a game of Tetris, and strategy is important. The key to loading is to be organized and load the Moving Truck in tiers as best as possible. Protect each item with furniture pads, or filling materials and stretch wrap when necessary. Here are some tips on how to load a moving truck that will ensure your household goods are protected and secure during your move:
2. Start with the small section that hangs over the trucks cab like a shelf. If your moving truck has this feature, place items that need the softest ride in to this space. Electronics and antiques are good examples.
3. Fill Every Space: A packed moving truck will prevent items from shifting. Look for gaps between furniture, and fill in every open space with furniture pads, or filling materials.
4. Tiers and Cells: Load the van in tiers and cells and tie off each cell before continuing to load.
5. Secure your items: Tie off every few tiers into cells. Use the multiple tie-down rails on either side of the van.
6. Load Heavy Items in the Front: Place your heaviest items towards the front of the van. Refrigerators, washers, dryers and other heavy furniture work best packed closest to the cab. Keep the weigh balanced from one side to another. Continue loading boxes and other items in tiers on top of the appliances. Again remember to tie your items down often.
8. Couches: Place the couch on their side to help save space in the truck. Protect the couch with plenty of pads and stretch wrap. Use pads on the floor to fill the contour of the couch arm so it will rest easy and stay upright. Face the legs toward the wall so you can fill the cavity between the wall and the couch with other items.
7. Mattresses and box springs: Place Mattress and box springs in a mattress bag before loading to keep clean. If they will be placed in storage, then use a sealed mattress bag to keep bugs out. Place the mattress up against one side of the truck wall and secure it with tie downs for added support. This can also serve as padding for furniture.
9. Televisions and Electronic Devices: Pack these items well so that all sides of unit are protected. Use the original box for the TV or device when available.
10. Plan Ahead: Load items that you will need at your destination last. This will allow for easy access and they’ll be the first to be unloaded. Make sure every box it labeled before it goes in the truck, you will thank me for this tip when you are unloading!
11. Seal it up: Don’t’ forget to tie down the last tier once the truck is fully loaded to prevent shifting rearward. Make sure you have a clear path for the roll-up door to slide open and closed.
Once all is said and done, show your appreciation by rewarding your friends and family for their help, with some cold beverages and grub! Follow these simple tips and you will have well packed truck!
We understand that moving house is often a very stressful time for you. There is a lot happening and a lot of decision-making. Storing with Port Pirie Self Storage will be one easy decision and will put your mind at ease.